Discover the various training options you can choose from
At Credo Business College, there are different types of courses and training options (modes of delivery) for you to choose from. Depending on which course you study, you may be able to study via distance learning, via blended learning, or via contact sessions. Contact sessions are mostly campus-based but workplace-based sessions can be arranged in special circumstances.
How does it work?
With distance learning, you can study in your own time from home, instead of attending classes. While you will have more flexibility than if you were studying a campus-based course, you will still receive guidance in terms of when to submit assignments, when to do revision, and when to prepare for exams. You will also receive a study timetable to assist you with planning your studies.
You will have access to:
- E-books, interactive quizzes, and self-assessment tests
- Lecture notes
- Class recordings for certain modules
- Assignment feedback
- Learning checks and practice assessments
- Tutor dashboard – which enables your tutor to see where you are in your course and how well you are progressing
What about academic support?
You will have access to an online platform, where you can communicate with your tutors and fellow students. You will form part of a student community and will never have to feel that you are studying on your own.
What are the advantages of studying via distance learning?
- You have the flexibility to study in your own time and at your own pace.
- You have the freedom to determine your own daily schedule.
- You can contact your tutors for academic assistance.
- You can enrol whenever you want to, as there are no fixed start dates.
- You can take the exams as soon as you are ready, as there are no set exam dates.
Blended learning courses are available to students who form part of group registrations.
How does it work?
These courses are presented through a combination of contact sessions (face-to-face learning) and distance learning. You attend one introductory class at the start of each module. This class gives you an overview of the most important aspects of the module, and gives you an idea of what to expect in the module. After each introductory class, you complete the relevant module via distance learning, and you return to the classroom only when you need to write a test on the module.
Please note: Classes are held on Saturdays (to accommodate working students) and are only available in Pretoria at this stage.
When you study via this method, you will also have access to:
- An online learning platform, where you can access study materials, assignment feedback, and tutor support
- Study guides for key focus areas
- Formative assessments after key focus areas
What are the advantages of studying via blended learning?
- Aside from attending one contact session per module, you have the flexibility to study in your own time and at your own pace.
- You have the opportunity to meet your tutor/facilitator and fellow students face-to-face at the start of each module, which may make it easier for you to continue interacting with them online throughout your course.
- Because the contact sessions are held on Saturdays, you will be able to work while you study via blended learning.