Certificate: Accounting Public Sector NQF5
The Public Sector Accounting Qualifications are customised qualifications, offering accounting officials formal qualifications that ensure immediate demonstration of the acquired skills through their practical and competence-based assessment structures. These qualifications support the development of learners who are employed in the public sector and who want to progress with a career in public sector accounting.
The NQF5 qualification further develops the learner’s accounting skills in the spheres of provincial and national government. It is a valuable, recognised qualification that is accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Additionally, the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) accredits and monitors a network of training providers, including us, which guarantees a quality approach to the training delivery and ensures that it meets the needs of public sector departments.
Registered with AT(SA) and accredited by FASSET.
- SAQA ID: 80189
- NQF level: 5
- Credits: 120
15 – 18 months
- Learners must either already be employed in a relevant Public Sector finance role or be employed under the conditions of the learnership in order to participate.
- Learners must speak to their line manager to discuss why they want to undertake the qualification and their commitment to seeing it through, and to gain approval.
- A learner with similar qualification and/or experience can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). In this case, proof of qualifications and work experience will be required.
- Competency in the following is required:
- English Language literacy
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical literacy
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate: Accounting Public Sector NQF5 from SAICA.
After completing this course and gaining one year of relevant work experience at a supervisory level, learners will be able to apply for Platinum Membership with AT(SA).
Benefits of studying this qualification
- It is a cost-effective way of achieving sustainable capacity development
- It incorporates an accessible and progressive framework for developing people of all backgrounds through SAQA-accredited qualifications
- The learning programmes are registered as learnerships and are therefore eligible for SETA funding and for the tax rebate
- It is a vehicle for facilitating a better fit between people’s skills and organisational needs, developing both people and business
- It is a catalyst for improved organisational performance and service delivery
AT(SA) is an associate of SAICA, the foremost accountancy body in South Africa. To find out more about AT(SA), please visit: www.accountingtechniciansouthafrica.co.za.
For more information, contact Credo Business College on +27 (0) 12 3483888
or email email@example.com
R 38 500.00 (Full Qualification including VAT)
The course fee covers:
- AT(SA) registration and membership for one year
- A textbook for each unit
- Three non-compulsory contact sessions per learning area (on scheduled dates at Credo Business College’s premises)
- Online assignments
- Practice examinations
- Study programme
- Access to a facilitator via an electronic platform
- One assessment opportunity per learning/assessment area
- A certificate upon successful completion of the course
For information regarding the course fees please, contact Credo Business College on
+27 (0) 12 3483888
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication and Managing a Team
- Professional Ethics
- Economic Reporting Format and SCOA Classification
- Budget Management
- Accounting for Assets and Inventory
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Control, Internal Audit and External Audit
Training methodology and learner support:
- Blended learning with contact sessions per learning area available to learners at employer’s premises or at Credo Business College’s premises.
- These qualifications are designed to be flexible, allowing employees to qualify at a suitable pace, and to fit in with the organisation’s needs and requirements.