Certificate: Accounting Technician Public Sector NQF3
The Public Sector Accounting Qualifications are customised qualifications, offering accounting officials formal qualifications that ensure immediate demonstration of the acquired skills through their practical and competence-based assessment structures. These qualifications support the development of learners who are employed in the public sector and who want to progress with a career in public sector accounting.
The NQF3 qualification develops the learner’s accounting skills in the spheres of provincial and national government. It is a valuable, recognised qualification that is accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Additionally, the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) accredits and monitors a network of training providers, including us, which guarantees a quality approach to the training delivery and ensures that it meets the needs of public sector departments.
Registered with AT(SA) and accredited by FASSET.
- SAQA ID: 73710
- NQF level: 3
- Credits: 120
10 – 12 months
- Learners must either already be employed in a relevant Public Sector finance role or be employed under the conditions of the learnership in order to participate.
- Learners must speak to their line manager to discuss why they want to undertake the qualification and their commitment to seeing it through, and to gain approval.
- A learner with similar qualification and/or experience can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). In this case, proof of qualifications and work experience will be required.
- Competency in the following is required:
- English Language literacy
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical literacy
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate: Accounting Technician Public Sector NQF3 from SAICA.
After completing this course and gaining one year of relevant work experience at a supervisory level, learners will be able to apply for Silver Membership with AT(SA).
Benefits of studying this qualification
- It is a cost-effective way of achieving sustainable capacity development
- It incorporates an accessible and progressive framework for developing people of all backgrounds through SAQA-accredited qualifications
- The learning programmes are registered as learnerships and are therefore eligible for SETA funding and for the tax rebate
- It is a vehicle for facilitating a better fit between people’s skills and organisational needs, developing both people and business
- It is a catalyst for improved organisational performance and service delivery
AT(SA) is an associate of SAICA, the foremost accountancy body in South Africa. To find out more about AT(SA), please visit: www.accountingtechniciansouthafrica.co.za.
For more information, contact Credo Business College on +27 (0) 12 3483888
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
R30 000.00 (Full Qualification including VAT)
The course fee covers:
- AT(SA) registration and membership for one year
- A textbook for each unit
- Three non-compulsory contact sessions per learning area (on scheduled dates at Credo Business College’s premises)
- Online assignments
- Practice examinations
- Study programme
- Access to a facilitator via an electronic platform
- One assessment opportunity per learning/assessment area
- A certificate upon successful completion of the course
For information regarding the course fees, please contact Credo Business College on +27 (0) 12 3483888
or email email@example.com
- Workplace Skills
- Working with Computers
- Professional Ethics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Budgeting & Reporting
- Making and Recording Payments
- Recording Revenue and Receipts
Training methodology and learner support:
- Blended learning with contact sessions per learning area available to learners at employer’s premises or at Credo Business College’s premises.
- These qualifications are designed to be flexible, allowing employees to qualify at a suitable pace, and to fit in with the organisation’s needs and requirements.