FET Certificate: Accounting Technician Local Government NQF4
The Local Government Accounting Qualifications are customised qualifications, offering municipal accounting and finance officials formal qualifications that ensure immediate demonstration of the acquired skills through their practical and competence-based assessment structures. These qualifications support the development of learners who are employed in local government and who want to progress with a career in local government accounting.
The NQF4 qualification further develops the learner’s accounting skills in the sphere of municipal government. It is a valuable, recognised qualification that is accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Additionally, the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) accredits and monitors a network of training providers, including us, which guarantees a quality approach to the training delivery and ensures that it meets the needs of various municipalities.
An NQF level 5 qualification is currently being developed for this stream.
Registered with AT(SA) and accredited by FASSET.
- SAQA ID: 73712
- NQF level: 4
- Credits: 120
12 – 15 months
- Learners must either already be employed in a relevant Local Government finance role or be employed under the conditions of the learnership in order to participate.
- Learners must speak to their line manager to discuss why they want to undertake the qualification and their commitment to seeing it through, and to gain approval.
- A learner with similar qualifications and/or experience can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). In this case, proof of qualifications and work experience will be required.
- Competency in the following is required:
- English Language literacy
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical literacy
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an FET Certificate: Accounting Technician Local Government NQF4 from SAICA.
After completing this course and gaining one additional year of relevant work experience at a supervisory level, learners will be able to apply for Gold Membership with AT(SA).
Benefits of studying this qualification
- It is a cost-effective way of achieving sustainable capacity development
- It incorporates an accessible and progressive framework for developing people of all backgrounds through SAQA-accredited qualifications
- The learning programmes are registered as learnerships and are therefore eligible for SETA funding and for the tax rebate
- It is a vehicle for facilitating a better fit between people’s skills and organisational needs, developing both people and business
- It is a catalyst for improved organisational performance and service delivery
AT(SA) is an associate of SAICA, the foremost accountancy body in South Africa. To find out more about AT(SA), please visit: www.accountingtechniciansouthafrica.co.za.
For more information, contact Credo Business College on +27 (0) 12 3483888
or email email@example.com
R 34 500.00 (Full Qualification including VAT)
The course fee covers:
- AT(SA) registration and membership for one year
- A textbook for each unit
- Three non-compulsory contact sessions per learning area (on scheduled dates at Credo Business College’s premises)
- Online assignments
- Practice examinations
- Study programme
- Access to a facilitator via an electronic platform
- One assessment opportunity per learning/assessment area
- A certificate upon successful completion of the course
For information regarding the course fees, please contact Credo Business College on
+27 (0) 12 3483888
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting Work Skills
- Professional Ethics (if learner starts at level 4)
- Maintaining Financial Records and Preparing Final Accounts
- Recording and Evaluating Costs and Revenues
- Operating a Cash Management and Credit Control System
Training methodology and learner support:
- Blended learning with contact sessions per learning area available to learners at employer’s premises or at Credo Business College’s premises.
- AThese qualifications are designed to be flexible, allowing employees to qualify at a suitable pace, and to fit in with the organisation’s needs and requirements.