This accredited short course covers one of the unit standards that forms part of the Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management NQF4. Studying this course will equip learners with some of the skills that they need to become efficient and effective managers in any industry, and will prepare them for future learning in management.
This course is a good option for:
- Junior managers (including team leaders, supervisors, foremen, and section heads) working in any field, as well as learners aspiring to become junior managers.
- Learners who would like to work towards the following full qualification: Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management NQF4.
- Learners who would like to develop their skills in performance management.
SAQA ID: 242813, 242821, 242820, 242812
NQF level: 4
Notional hours: 190
- Distance learning: R2300
- Blended learning: R3100
Tailored training options are also available. Fees for these tailored options can be calculated on request.
- Basic skills in communication and mathematics
- Access to a work environment where management practice can be implemented
Learning areas covered:
Skills Programme 2: Performance Management
- Explain the contribution made by own area of responsibility to the overall organisation strategy
- Identify responsibilities of a team leader in ensuring that organisational standards are met
- Maintain records for a team
- Induct a member into a team
Training methodology and learner support:
Blended learning and distance learning options are available.
This course is based on a well-structured programme, with a study guide for each unit standard, along with assignments, practical assessments, and a summative assessment in the form of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE).
- There is face-to-face facilitation at the beginning of each unit standard (skills programme).
- The learner then works independently, using the study guide. Academic support from a facilitator is available via an electronic platform.
- The learner submits assignments via the electronic platform on specified dates.
- The assessor marks the assignments and gives structured feedback.
- If necessary, the learner may be requested to re-do parts of an assignment until the assessor is satisfied that the learner is competent in all areas.
- There is face-to-face revision prior to the completion of the PoE.
- The summative assessment – in the form of a PoE – will indicate whether a learner is Competent or Not Yet Competent.
- In total, the face-to-face interaction amounts to 16 hours per unit standard (skills programme). The remaining notional hours are used by the learner for additional reading, practical workplace assignments, and PoE-building.
Assessment and award:
Learners will be assessed through a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). Upon completion learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from Credo Business College.
After completion of all seven skills programmes learners will be awarded a Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management NQF4 from Services Seta.
This course can also be presented at an organisation’s premises. Training programmes would then be planned in consultation with the organisation to fit the business’s schedule and employee availability.