You can study the following SAIT courses at Credo Business College:
- Occupational Certificate – Tax Technician NQF 6
- Tax Professional Preparation Course: SAIT External Integrated Summative Assessment (EISA)
- Tax Professional Preparation Course: Initial Test of Competence (ITC)
- Tax Technician Preparation Course: SAIT External Integrated Summative Assessment (EISA)
- Tax Technician Preparation Course: Initial Test of Competence (ITC)
- Tax Technician Logbook/PoE Mentorship programme
Want to work as a tax practitioner? Then these are the courses for you!
Who is the SAIT?
The South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) is a recognised professional body focusing solely on taxation. It is a professional association of tax professionals regulating tax practitioners in South Africa. SAIT promotes and focuses on the public interest, professional standards, ethics and integrity, while promoting the tax industry and its members.
Any person who wants to be a tax practitioner needs to be registered with SARS and a recognised controlling body, such as SAIT, in terms of Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act 2011 (as amended).
Benefits of obtaining the SAIT Tax Technician qualification
When you join SAIT, you are demonstrating to clients, government, and the public at large that you are serious about your commitment to the tax field. You are not merely an accountant, a lawyer, a payroll administrator, or other technician, but a professional, knowledgeable about tax, who deserves community recognition.
When you join SAIT, you become part of a community. Each professional needs supporting group services. SAIT seeks to provide you with these complementary group services that you cannot find elsewhere.
SAIT is the only professional member body within South Africa dedicated exclusively to the tax field. SAIT membership has the following benefits:
- Tax Practitioner Registration: SAIT membership provides you with the means to obtain a “practitioner number” from SARS so that you can legally provide the full range of client tax services required when dealing with SARS. Unlike other organisations, SAIT also has the personnel to connect you to the right locations within SARS for a speedy connection.
- Tax Designation: SAIT membership is recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), which means that your tax expertise can be fully recognised by your peers, clients, and the public at large. This membership can be added to your title and includes access to the SAIT logo for your professional use.