Tax Technician Preparation Course: Initial Test of Competence (ITC)
This course gives learners a practical opportunity to prepare for the Initial Test of Competence. The contact sessions focus on exam technique, answering practical questions, and revising key technical aspects.
When learners complete this course, they will:
- Develop a sound understanding of the key areas of assessment and key tax topics.
- Improve their exam technique to achieve higher marks.
- Learn how to identify relevant and practical issues.
- Receive a structured plan to assist them in preparing for their exam.
- Receive online support from a qualified and experienced tutor.
Who should attend?
Learners who are preparing for the upcoming Tax Technician ITC Exam.
Credo Business College
Block A, Glen Gables Office Park
c/o Lynnwood Road and January Masilela Drive
What to bring:
- Own snacks and lunch
- Learner’s attempt of the practice exam paper (included in study information pack)
- Study information pack
- Pen and paper
- Any current published tax textbooks and legislation
- Recommended book: SILKE: South Africa Income Tax 2017. Authors: Madeleine Stiglingh, Aletta Koekemoer, Linda van Syl, Jolanie Wilcocks, Redge de Swart. Publisher: LexisNexis South Africa
Learners are kindly requested to work through the study information pack prior to the commencement of this preparation course. This will ensure that they are familiar with the relevant technical issues, and that they gain the maximum benefit from the course.
Note: Distance learning support is available on request.
Closing date for enrolments:
Please note that payment must be made in full before the course commences.
Credo Business College only appoints highly qualified tutors. Most of our tutors are qualified CAs, and many hold master’s degrees in taxation. All our tutors have experience in the private sector. Together, these factors ensure that we provide quality education to each of our learners.
Please note: The course fee does NOT include the exam fee.
- Session 1: Curriculum, ITC syllabus, exam technique, and key tax topics
- Session 2: Key tax topics and exam technique practice
- Session 3: Work through old exam papers and practise exam technique
- Gross income and exempt income
- Deductions and assessed loss
- Disposal of assets
- Individual tax and payroll calculations
- Individual tax return preparation
- Company tax and specific areas such as dividends payments from shares financed, etc. Also SBC and turnover tax
- Tax administration (provisional tax and penalties)
- VAT registration and VAT calculations
- Collateral taxes (high-level understanding of donations tax, estate duty, transfer duty, and STT)
Training methodology and learner support:
Credo Business College provides training on a distance learning or online learning basis for individual learners, and on a blended learning basis for corporate groups of minimum 10 learners.